How our system design and selection of industry standard development tools and operating systems benefits the airline operator
The NovoStar system is a portfolio of optimised system components, based around our ‘NovoStar Connect’ middleware product. ‘Connect’ provides seamless interfacing to front-end POS hardware & software and all major back office business systems. ‘Connect’ is based upon the standard Microsoft Azure platform, providing an immediate level of assurance to airline IT personnel. System reliability, redundancy, security and future enhancement are all effectively underwritten by the Microsoft Corporation’s own development effort.
The integrated tools, pre-built templates and managed services associated with Azure make it easier for us to build and manage enterprise, mobile, and web applications faster. This means that we can offer generic system upgrades and bespoke modifications to our airline clients rapidly.
General System Attributes
The inherent flexibility in the Azure platform has enabled us to incorporate system attributes that are of tangible benefit to the airline operator, namely;
- We are able to maintain a genuinely agnostic stance with regards to hardware provision, which provides multiple choices for the airline operator
- The system interfaces with all data access points including smart phones, tablets, seatback IFE and various streaming solutions
- The system supports a distributed model where the data can be located on servers on the ground, onboard the aircraft or as native applications on mobile devices
- The NovoStar system is scalable and modular in nature. We can offer implementation of standard modules or additional bespoke development to facilitate additional system functionality
- The NovoStar system offers inherent platform stability with measurable and proven minimisation of downtime disruption
- NovoStar ‘Connect’ facilitates multi-party system connectivity such that all relevant users including passengers, crew, airline executives and travel-operator vendors can access the components that are pertinent to them