Novostar provides a complete environment for airlines to manage the on-board retail experience and management of passengers and flights. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for the crew to perform their job so they can deliver great service that's personalised to the individual. At a time when driving ancillary revenue is so critical for airlines, it's this approach that can turn stressed passengers int to happy and informed ones - ones who are willing to spend more on food, drink and duty free ahead of their journey or while on board.
As the leading provider of on-board retail systems, designed specifically to optimise ancillary revenues, airline operators are able to capitalise on our decades of experience. Together we specify and implement systems that collect, consolidate, analyse and distribute actionable data. The benefits in terms of improved operations and crew interactions are tangible and immense, not least of which is the ability to deliver the correct (and if appropriate, personalised) ancillary product or service to the passenger in a timeframe of his / her choosing.
The NovoStar system is a portfolio of optimised system components, based around our ‘NovoStar Connect’ middleware product. ‘Connect’ provides seamless interfacing to front-end POS hardware & software and all major back office business systems. ‘Connect’ is based upon the standard Microsoft Azure platform, providing an immediate level of assurance to airline IT personnel. System reliability, redundancy, security and future enhancement are all effectively underwritten by the Microsoft Corporation’s own development effort.
The integrated tools, pre-built templates and managed services associated with Azure make it easier for us to build and manage enterprise, mobile, and web applications faster. This means that we can offer generic system upgrades and bespoke modifications to our airline clients rapidly.
General System Attributes
The inherent flexibility in the Azure platform has enabled us to incorporate system attributes that are of tangible benefit to the airline operator, namely;
- We are able to maintain a genuinely agnostic stance with regards to hardware provision, which provides multiple choices for the airline operator
- The system interfaces with all data access points including smart phones, tablets, seatback IFE and various streaming solutions
- The system supports a distributed model where the data can be located on servers on the ground, onboard the aircraft or as native applications on mobile devices
- The NovoStar system is scalable and modular in nature. We can offer implementation of standard modules or additional bespoke development to facilitate additional system functionality
- The NovoStar system offers inherent platform stability with measurable and proven minimisation of downtime disruption
- NovoStar ‘Connect’ facilitates multi-party system connectivity such that all relevant users including passengers, crew, airline executives and travel-operator vendors can access the components that are pertinent to them